Sunday, November 09, 2008

Drawing Class

With God’s grace I have worked in the best of workplaces and I enjoyed every moment of working. My present office is full of artists who work magic with paper, pencils and the high tech comps and it’s as if I am a normal human being lost in a wonderland. Luckily, I myself sport enough eccentricity to be a part of them.

However, I am inspired like never before to draw/sketch. For all my buddies in school for whom I drew the record books and the ones who couldn’t stop praising all those beautiful art work I managed in the zoology & botany Record books; thanks for strengthening the illusion that I could draw. With me illusions have never taken much time to get shattered.

One typical day at work; senior artists on their routine creation of magic. The trainees being like small pixies learning to cast spells - the spells might go a bit haywire, yet the magic sure is there. I roam around these magicians in between my work. With a sudden unexpected speed I tell one of the senior artists that I want to learn to draw as well.

So that’s how the class starts. I take up a few sheets of drawing paper, several pencils and eraser eager to become a magician myself. My instructor instructs me in all seriousness to draw circles of all size in free hand. My hopes get thwarted. I guess I was looking for some sort of a crash course. Still I tried to do it for about 5 minutes, while my patience ran out.

And that’s how the class ended. I decide that am better off as a simple normal human than a magician.
[ Does it remind you of a fox and some grapes which turn out sour??? ]

3 comments:

Raghu G said...

:)

never give up !!


:D

ShEkHaR said...

Draw for fun,
And you are also Magician,
with Words,

Meenakshi said...

Shekhar, am flying... lol