Friday, June 22, 2007

Motivator : (Part 2) Lt. Col. Ashwini Sudan

This can also be seen as a continuation to my earlier article : "Motivated and Disciplined"...

The next motivator I write here is none other than my "Sudan Sir"..I got the priviledge of meeting and knowing him so well through NCC.I met Lt.Col. Ashwini Sudan sir at my first NCC camp in Peppara on december 23rd.He was the deputy camp commandant [The camp commandant was Col. Abraham Habbi].the first time he spoke to me was in regard with a poem that i had submitted on demand of Col. Habbi....and I was kind-of intrigued by Sudan Sir.He was a complete mis-match with the stereotype i held for military officers..he had his hair cut in Shahrukh khan like style.he was a bit plump.. yet I was impressed with him....
Reasons????? God,there are soooooo many..
1). He was..sorry IS intelligent..infact the only person other than my sister whom i look up on as extremely intelligent /knowledgeable.

2). He was down to earth and so approachable yet so charmingly no-nonsense.

3). His strategy was inspirational- Management gurus need to take a tip or two from him. He is kind,considerate and approachable to people around him-even his cook,drivers,the kids,the other officers and simply make them fall in love with him...and once the work is done he knows they'll act exactly in accordance to his terms....

4). Somehow very charmingly,he also let people around him understand that he had another side to the persona- the tough colonel....which no one wanted to see...

5). He was always a father figure to me and he lives up to it sooo subtly...

6). He was the person other than my sister who stressed me to aspire for something (the same that my sister told me to pursue) and in a way that i have agreed and am working on it to my maximum ( i say so..he feels i need to put in more...lol)

7).Every camp or time I spent with him around was a lesson in itself...so much to learn...so memorable.

8). There are so many reasons and soo much to write about him.....

Sir, if you read this ,this is not all I have to say about you....You have motivated me in a way I have no way to describe...and the charm with which you keep in touch just to make sure that I don't stagger in between and embark a path away from the aspired one...and being as genuinely concerned about me as usually just closest family members are capable of....

Thank you is a word that can never bring out the respect and feeling I have for you...But which word can ever do justice to this very special Bond.....Thanks a ton...And am glad I know Padma Madam,Aditya and Aishwarya (his wife and kids) through you........hope this bond and motivation is with me for ever......

No comments: